Sunday 13 May 2012

Church in Zambia!



Today Hilary and Zach got up to run with Lucky (our host and close friend) to go for a run, and I (Sarah) got up a little while later. We found that the altitude difference is really evident, seeing as were are up 1100m from what we are used to in Canada and its a little harder to breathe sometimes. Our bodies are taking a while to get used to it.
Today the team was split into two groups to go to the different churches, being involved in the main service, Sunday school and youth programs.  The report was that Ben did an exceptional job preaching at the church he went to and Dave threw the translator off when he started speaking in Silozi haha. The other group enjoyed their church service as well, they were able to play some songs ect, before I (sarah) blacked out for a few minutes due to lack of rest. So I have been laying low for a while. Leah and I would appreciate some prayer as our bodies need rest and Leah is still having stomach problems. However the church services were both wonderful, about 2.5 hours long and no one noticed.  Lots of singing and dancing and joy.
The team got back and ate and fell asleep. I don’t know if I have mentioned how different the days are here. They are long and very hot, today has been exceptionally hot. It has been a struggle to find water today because all the stores are closed due to the fact it is Sunday. The rest of the team other than a couple have gone to do games, sharing testimony and etc with the youth at the church as well as play volleyball. The rest of the day will probably consist of getting much needed rest and some team building and prayer. Talk to you all tomorrow!

I am very tired, not sick so don't get worried Luke 10:18-20 "And he said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and all over the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. Nevertheless, do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven" I refuse to let sickness interfere with this trip, God has sustained me so far and I have no doubt he will carry me through without any sickness. I do not accept sickness into my body because we do not serve a God of sickness, we serve a God of healing. Oh to have the faith to move mountains. But Jesus says a little faith goes a long way. I feel ya , I feel ya. 
This has been the most lifechanging experiences I have ever had, I have never been changed so much and I feel the change in my faith everyday. The way I look at things are different and I am experiencing a trust in God that I have never had before. When your only choice to run to God is present, you do nothing but change. I am so joy filled and so happy to be here now, my anxieties and worries gone. Even when I fainted, the Lord put in my head  "My love endures forever, and I am good and faithful." I wasn't scared at all, I kept saying to myself, "God you are good, you are faithful, your love endures forever" And Ashley helped me out of the room outside and the Pastor prayed over me. It was an amazing experience. God does heal and he is good. I am so blessed to be on this trip and it is the hardest thing I have ever had to do emotionally and physically and definitely spiritually. GOD IS FAITHFUL. He is the hope and everything I live for. 

Miss everyone! xoox

No comments:

Post a Comment